Android: sort by date last used

Bakesteve
Bakesteve
Community Member

Apologies in advance if there are other threads on this. Searched but can't find anything specific to android (I also couldn't find a way to search only in a section vs across whole site, so, may have been some on page 3+)

On ios, and I think macos, you can sort by date last used, but on android that doesn't appear to be an option.
So, 2 questions

• is this in the works for android?
  • is the date last used synced across systems? So if I have 1p and so does my wife, and we have a shared vault and she logs into a site we have a shared account for, would I see that on my device? Or if login on my mac, would she see that?
  • for me this would be a great feature and initially was 1 reason I was considering moving over from dash Lane. I'd really like to use this to go and clean out old accounts that have built up ie use it for a month or 2, sort by oldest date used, tag everything not used and basically archive it. Understand it can't be foolproof. Might be times you login manually or copy and paste the password. But having years of passwords in my vault now, a spring clean would be helpful..

Comments

• Hi @Bakesteve. 1Password for Android doesn't currently support sorting by last used, but I'll go ahead and pass this request on to our development team. ref: dev/core/core#4042

As to the current implementation on Mac and iOS, these should not be shared. That is, you should only see the items you most recently used on each device, but your wife shouldn't see the same on her devices if the item is shared.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

• Bakesteve
    Bakesteve
    Community Member

Oh, I'd actually assumed the reverse. So if we have a single login, then regardless of device, you'd see the most recent last logged in date. Rather than it being local to the device.
    Is there some technical reason or product design choice? And/or any debate / potential that this would change in the future. Just that for how I'd envisaged using this, having a local to that device last logged in date doesn't really help. (as an example, and simplifying, I use pwd manager on my work mac, work phone, personal phone and personal pc.)
    If you are not sure / don't have any detail you can share publically that's fine though. Thanks, steve

• Hello @Bakesteve thanks for following up with us. In short, the date last used is not part of the item, it is part of the local cache. When you use an item 1Password does not modify it, so the date last used information will only be visible in your account on that specific device.

I can see that Peri added your interest in a sort by date last used feature in 1Password for Android to our internal issue above. I have gone ahead and added your interest in having that information available across your account to our internal issue here ref: dev/core/core#5920

This discussion has been closed.