Newly installed 1Password not syncing with Mac

Mmmmisha
Mmmmisha
Community Member

HI:

I have 1P up and running on my Mac. I just installed it on my iPhone. I didn't see any dialog asking whether I already had an account so I just "purchased" again, and entered the same password that I use for 1P on my Mac. However, there's no data syncing between the two apps even though I have selected sync via iCloud.

1P's help page on this issue is, I must say, not helpful at all. It simply says start with the 1P browser. Not useful

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS12/iOS15.2
Referrer: forum-search:syncing

Comments

• Hi @Mmmmisha:

I'm sorry you're running into some trouble getting everything set up on your new iPhone. Just to confirm, are you using a 1Password account on your Mac, or are you syncing using iCloud? If you're using a 1Password account, you'll need to add your 1Password account to the 1Password app on your iPhone: How to add your 1Password account to the apps

Let me know how you get on with that!

Jack

• Mmmmisha
    Mmmmisha
    Community Member

Thanks Jack. Per the instructions link, "Tap 1Password Accounts" is not an option under my iOS settings for 1P. See attached

As to your question, I am certainly using 1P on my Mac; I believe I am also syncing, or at least that's what 1P Settings indicates on my iPhone.

• Hey @Mmmmisha:

That doesn't look like 1Password for iOS. Just to make sure that everything is right, can you please confirm you've downloaded 1Password for iOS using the link on our website here: https://1password.com/downloads/ios/

After downloading, you should be able to add your 1Password account to the 1Password app using the steps I provided above: How to add your 1Password account to the apps

Additionally, if the app you downloaded isn't 1Password for iOS, as you mentioned "purchasing" it, ensure that you're not being billed twice by checking for any possible additional subscriptions: How to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support

Let me know if you were successfully able to add your 1Password account to the 1Password app, or if you run into any more trouble along the way.

Jack

• Mmmmisha
    Mmmmisha
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

Goodness, you were right! I'd downloaded "Password Manager" instead of 1Password. Password Manager's app icon must skate awfully close to trademark infringement IMO. I downloaded the 1P app on my phone and hand no access syncing the two. Thanks for the help and pardon my stupidity.

• Glad to hear that sorted it out @Mmmmisha! 😄

Feel free to get in touch if you need anything in the future.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.