[2033] CLI 2 bio-metric unlock broken after enabling SSH beta feature

Options
XIII
XIII
Community Member
edited May 2022 in SSH

After enabling the SSH beta feature I can no longer use CLI 2's biometric unlock (I have to type my password again).

Are these features currently mutually exclusive? :(

(PS: Not sure in which of the two forum sections to post this...)

1Password Version: 80600027 Nightly
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: macOS Big Sur 11.6.4

Comments

• smanojkarthick
    smanojkarthick
    Community Member
    Options

+1. I'm also facing the same issue after enabling the SSH beta.

• ag_tyler
    edited February 2022
    Options

Thanks for reporting this folks! I've alerted our engineering team and we're going to look into this ASAP.

• Thank you for reporting this! We'll look into the issue. The two features should not be mutually exclusive.

• @XIII @smanojkarthick On which CLI beta version are you? And what does your terminal output say?

• smanojkarthick
    smanojkarthick
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on CLI version 2.0.0-beta.12 and App version: 8.6.0 80600028.

This is the error message:

❯ op read op://path/to/secret
    [ERROR] 2022/02/16 04:20:06 could not read secret op://path/to/secret: error initializing client: You are not currently signed in. Please run `op signin --help` for instruction

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    Options
    ➜ op --version
    2.0.0-beta.12

and

➜ op item get ...
    [ERROR] 2022/02/16 13:21:34 error initializing client: You are not currently signed in. Please run `op signin --help` for instructions

➜ op signin
    Enter the password for user@domain.com at domain.1password.com:

• Hi both, we believe we have found the problem and a way to get it working again.

Running the following should solve the problem:

For macOS:
    chmod 600 ~/Library/Group\ Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.1password/Library/Application\ Support/1Password/Data/settings/settings.json

For Linux:
    chmod 600 ~/.config/1Password/settings/settings.json

Thanks again for reporting the issue and please let us know if the solution works for you.

• smanojkarthick
    smanojkarthick
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks a lot @simon_1P ! That fixed it for me on macOS.

• Awesome! Thanks for confirming

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Yes, that works for me too (macOS)! Thanks!

In case it matters: I modified that JSON file using the jq command in the documentation (so not manually).

• The docs at https://developer.1password.com/docs/ssh/get-started now also reflect this. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!

• In case it matters: I modified that JSON file using the jq command in the documentation (so not manually).

The shorthand with jq was indeed the culprit. It changed the permissions on the file. The updated shorthand changes the permissions to 600 for the updated file.

This discussion has been closed.