1Password 8 and 7 installed.

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: New beta update is now available.

Comments

• TWICKENHAMAN
    TWICKENHAMAN
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, I am not sure if this is where I post this but I will do so in the hope I get an answer.
    I have version 8.6 and seem to get along with it okay except it does not seem to fill in passwords as well as the previous version I had version 7. However, I still have both on my system and am not sure whether I delete the older version as sometimes they get mixed up. I am paranoid about losing my password data if I do the wrong thing so firstly can I back up the common data file in case of a mess up and how do I delete the older version. Just deleting anything saying version 7 looks too simple as in the past on other program I have deleted I had to do it in a certain way.
    Please advise

David

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2022
    Options

@TWICKENHAMAN

It's best to keep one copy on your system. With you using 8 now, I would go with removing 7. Here' show to do that.

1. Quit all open web browsers, especially Safari.
    2. Look for our helper in the menu bar near the WiFi indicator and the clock. Right-click on the 1Password 7 helper and select quit 1Password completely.
    3. Drag 1Password 7 from the Applications folder to the Trash. Do not use an "app cleaner" or "uninstaller" tool to remove the app or additional files. If prompted, enter the password you use to sign in to your Mac. It is best to do this manually. DO NOT accept assistance from app-removal programs.
    4. Restart the Mac for good measure. Especially so with you describing other issues.

-- If you use Safari you will need to install ‎1Password for Safari from the Mac App Store](https://apps.apple.com/us/app/1password-for-safari/id1569813296?mt=12)

Once you get that uninstall sorted, please let us know more about the troubles you are having, and we can assist you with those too.

This discussion has been closed.