Mac OS - Touch ID no longer working

Options
tom9417
tom9417
Community Member
edited February 2022 in Mac

Hello - in the past few months since the major Mac OS upgrade to Monterey I've been asked to enter my 1Password password everytime my Mac hibernates/closes when using Chrome - can you advise if there's a way to use my Touch ID fingerprint again to identify me and not my password - thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi, @tom9417! 👋

I understand that you're no longer able to use Touch ID to unlock the 1Password for Mac app. Can you check the following settings?

1. Open and unlock the 1Password for Mac app.
    2. From the menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences > Security.
    3. Is Touch ID turned on?
    4. For the setting, 'Require Master Password', what is it currently set to?

Let me know if you have any questions. :)

• tom9417
    tom9417
    Community Member
    Options

hi - touch id is ticked and the "require master password" is set to 2 weeks - thanks

• Thanks so much for confirming @tom9417! Can you complete the following steps to see if it helps resolve the issue?

1. Open & Unlock 1Password.
    2. From the menu bar, select 1Password > Preferences > Security.
    3. Deselect Touch ID and type in your Master Password.
    4. Reselect Touch ID.

After completing the above steps, does the behaviour that you were experiencing change?

• tom9417
    tom9417
    Community Member
    Options

Hi I’ll check in the morning and get back to you - thanks

• tom9417
    tom9417
    Community Member
    Options

Hi = unfortunately that's not resolved the issue - still have to reenter master password each time the system hibernates / sleeps

• Hi @tom9417:

I'm sorry you're still running into issues with using Touch ID to unlock 1Password. To get some more visibility as to what could be going on, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

• tom9417
    tom9417
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks - submitted as requested

[#IHL-34366-117]

• @tom9417

Thank you for the Support ID. I see that you're already in contact with my colleagues over email and I recommend continuing the conversation there. To prevent duplication of effort I'm closing this thread. 🙂

ref: IHL-34366-117

This discussion has been closed.