"Search All Fields" function gone?

Options
JohannesL
JohannesL
Community Member
edited February 2022 in Windows

Hi, we are using 1Password in a mixed environment with macOS, Windows 10 and Windows 11.
We got several reports / complaints that with the new 1Password for Windows 8 (specifically also with the latest 8.5.0) there is no obvious way to "Search all Fields". This function is still in place with the mac version and was there with the old windows version (7.x.x).

Could you please confirm, when we can expect this missing crucial feature to be re-added?
Thanks in advance!

PS: most of us really love the 8.5.0 update - it's so much better and more usable compared to 8.0.x ;-)

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Windows 10

Comments

• PeterG_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @JohannesL, thanks for this question today. While I can't share details about upcoming updates to 1Password (or when certain features or improvements will be available), I can confirm that improving the search functionality is definitely an area of ongoing focus for us here (and by the way - we appreciate your considerate words about the 8.5 update! 😃).

I've done a little experimenting and found that so far, 1Password 8.5 searches item names, URLs saved in an item, passwords in the password field, the contents of Notes, and more. Would it be possible (without sharing anything sensitive) to let me know what specifically isn't turning up in searches for you? You can also follow up with us at support+windows@1Password.com if you'd like to continue the discussion there.

In any case, I'll make sure to add your request here to our ongoing discussion around the search feature. Thanks for letting us know that this is a priority for you!

This discussion has been closed.