To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I cannot my Secret Key or Emergency kit to migrate to my new pc. Help

Options
beckk1pass
beckk1pass
Community Member

I have am replacing the PC containing 1Password with a new PC. I have move the data to the new PC, but need my Secret Key to install the application on the new PC. Please help me find my Secret Key.

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 4.6.2.626
OS Version: Windows 11
Referrer: forum-search:I cannot my Secret Key or Emergency kit to migrate to my new pc. Help

Comments

• Florian_Krumm
    Florian_Krumm
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi, if you have acces to your 1Password Account, you can log in, go on your profil, and then you can see your secret key there.
    I hope this can help you

FK

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

@beckk1pass All the 1Password apps allow you to display your secret key. In general, you will find it under Settings -> Accounts -> [Account Name]. The instructions for each app are on the following page:

https://support.1password.com/secret-key/

By default, you should also have a Login item for 1password.com saved in your Private vault that contains your secret key. You can bring this up by searching in the desktop browser extension or by navigating to 1password.com.

It is recommend to print your Emergency Kit. It contains your secret key and you will need it if you lose access to all your devices.

• Hi folks! Excellent advice from @rootzero here (thank you rootzero).

And @beckk1pass - if you would like some further assistance with this, feel free to contact us at support@1Password.com and we'll do what we can to help.

This discussion has been closed.