Feature Request: Differentiate between "password" and "hidden"

Ryan Parman
Ryan Parman
Community Member
edited February 2022 in Lounge

Feature Request: Add a new data type of "hidden" which is as hidden as "password" is, but lacks the evaluation (judgement) of the value.

1Password isn't a password manager, it's a credential manager. That's what makes it head-and-shoulders better than anything else out there. But not everything that needs to be secret is a "password". For example, saving my iOS passcode should be secret/hidden, but instead it gets evaluated as a web-facing password. Same for my SIM PIN — I want to write it down and keep it a secret, but Watchtower shouldn't pester me about it.

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: Safari, v2.2.3
OS Version: macOS 12.3β

Comments

• Hey @Ryan Parman:

Thanks for the feedback here! I can definitely see how it would be useful to have a concealed field that isn't logically a password, so I've added your input to our internal feedback tracker.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-314

• XIII
    XIII
    Community Member

Excellent idea!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member

I'm with you... +1 from my side! 👍

• Hey @XIII and @DenalB:

Thanks for your additional feedback! I've added both of you to the issue as well. 😀

Jack

• robert1p
    robert1p
    Community Member

Is this just an iOS issue? On Win10 I have added additional password fields and Watchtower does not report them.

At first I thought it might be because I renamed the fields, but even without renaming them there were no issues. I tested with a Login, so I also tried a Secure Note and found no issue. (I do see Watchtower reports on the original Password fields in the Login entries.)

• With the 1Password 7 apps each platform may have a different implementation, and as a result, you may see different results. This is one of the motivations for building 1Password 8 the way we are. The new structure and common core should significantly cut back on the differences between platforms.

Ben

• notlaura
    notlaura
    Community Member

Please add this feature, not just for passcodes/PINs but also for long text fields (e.g., ssh keys, OTP lists, etc.).

• Hi @notlaura:

Thanks for your feedback on this! I've added you to the internal discussion I've referenced above. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.