Drag the information bar within each item to reorder all of them seems to disappear in 1Password8?

Options
CAM1214
CAM1214
Community Member

When I fill the detailed information within each item and try to drag it upward or downward to sort them manually, it seems the button for drag- and-drop disappears in version 8.

1Password Version: 1Password for Mac 8.4.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 12.0 Beta版

Comments

• Hello @CAM1214, thank you for sharing this feedback with us. You're correct - that option doesn't currently exist within 1Password 8. However, we appreciate that you've let us know this is important to you, and I have passed it on to our developers so they can understand customer demand for this feature. Again, you have our thanks!

ref: dev/core/core#5958

• CAM1214
    CAM1214
    Community Member
    Options

I am glad to hear from your reply so quickly and 1password8 would be improved due to my feedback.

Have a good day

• Thank you as well, @CAM1214. We hope you have a great weekend!

• doio
    doio
    Community Member
    Options

I second this feature. It's really painful not to be able to reorder my entries.

• CAM1214
    CAM1214
    Community Member
    Options

@PeterG_1P if allowed to add another bug in this topic, I found the selection of date to fill the item is equally painful for us as above@doio, becuase we have to scroll the page month by month rather than type it or other ways.

• Hi @CAM1214, can you expand on the issue you're experiencing? I am able to type in the date in the item editor (in addition to using the pop-up calendar). Are you seeing different behaviour?

• jozyjo
    jozyjo
    Community Member
    Options

Not being able to reorder entries is really big problem for our family as well. We have lots of details in our accounts (this is one of the winning factors that brought us to 1password over dashlane when we switched. Being able to go back into an existing login and add something such as a customer service phone number but reorder it so it's underneath the local branch number may seem a bit nitpicky to some. However, it's just better housekeeping and for ease of use etc should the card be stolen or lost. This is just one such example out of thousands that we utilize these types of fields for. Again, it's a field you take advantage of because it's there. When it's gone, you realize you either need to delete 5 other fields and re-add them to get everything the way that everyone in your family is used to seeing it across other already established login/password sites. Or you start everything over from scratch on 500 + entries.......

• yendor
    yendor
    Community Member
    Options

I would also love to have the ability to reorder entries manually. This is a huge feature for me and would make organization of information much more logical if able to place in the proper order of relevance. PLEASE add this feature to your next release!!!!!

• Hi @yendor:

Thanks for your feedback on this! I've added your input to the issue Peter mentioned above. 😀

Jack

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Jack.P_1P !

Please add my vote here, too. Would love to rearrange fields and sections. 👍

• Added your feedback as well @DenalB! 👍😄

This discussion has been closed.