[Feature Request] Option to view typed characters when unlocking vault

drizzt
drizzt
Community Member

Hi,

I would really like to have an option to view the characters I've entered when I unlock my vault. Since my vault password is fairly complex and long (over 40 chars) it often happens that I do not hit each key perfectly while typing. I often realize that I made a mistake right away but never can be sure if I e.g. hit two keys sitting right next to each other or not.

So instead of typing everything again and, potentially, again making a mistake (each new try making me more angry and consequently increasing the "typed with a clenched fist" ratio...) I'd really love the possibility to view what I entered and be able to correct the mistake.

This is often implemented e.g. with a little eye symbol at the right end of the input field in other password managers and such.

Personally I'd consider people setting the auto locking option to "never" in the security settings to avoid such mishaps to be a greater risk than the option I'd like to have implemented.

Best Regards

Jens

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @drizzt:

Do I have some great news for you! 1Password 8 has the ability to view your password when unlocking:

1Password 8 is available now for Windows and Linux, and in beta for Mac. Let me know if you give it a try!

Jack

• drizzt
    drizzt
    Community Member

Well, that was easy :)

Thanks a lot, I'll check out the upgrade.

BR

Jens

• 😁👍🏻

Ben

This discussion has been closed.