1Password won't stop asking about Dropbox!

Options
iMacIIuser
iMacIIuser
Community Member

I just got a new phone, and 1Password has given me repeated grief in two areas. One of those is because it keeps popping up with this message: "Dropbox Authorization failed. It appears 1Password is no longer authorized to connect to your Dropbox account. Tap 'Authorize' to reconnect to Dropbox." I have been using 1Password.com for I don't know how many years, so I haven't even had my 1Password connected to Dropbox. The only choices are "Dismiss" and "Authorize." Since I'm not interested in authorizing, I hit Dismiss. But 15 seconds later, the message comes up again! I can't even get anything done in 1Password, like find something I need, because I have to keep dealing with this annoying pop-up! How do I make it stop??

(My other new phone issue with 1Password I will put separately.)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iO

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @iMacIIuser

Did you restore this phone from a backup or do a migration from an existing phone? Or did you set it up fresh? I wonder if some cruft got restored as part of one of the former options. In any event, you should be able to resolve this by:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of your Emergency Kit handy and that you're able to sign in on the https://my.1password.com/signin?a=new website using the details from it: Get to know your Emergency Kit | 1Password
    2. Delete the 1Password for iOS app from the phone
    3. Download a fresh copy of the app: 1Password for iOS on the App Store
    4. Sign into your account, entering the details from the Emergency Kit if necessary.

That should do the trick. Please let us know how it goes.

Ben

• iMacIIuser
    iMacIIuser
    Community Member
    Options

In working with a direct support ticket in what I thought was a separate issue regarding old and multiple sets of passwords lingering, I was led to a screen where I discovered I had something called Vaults, and there were two -- one said "Personal" and one said "Primary." Digging further into that, I discovered that the Primary vault was connected to Dropbox. There was an option to delete that vault, so I did. That made 1Password stop harassing me about Dropbox.

I would like to suggest a longer period of time between pop-ups of that message. I could barely get my master password typed in to delete the vault; the Dropbox message kept popping up and messing up my entry. That is quite excessive to make that message pop up every 10-15 seconds. It should be at bare minimum 30 seconds; once a minute would still be plenty aggressive enough.

• Ben
    Options

🙂👍🏻

Ben

• GarryCA1
    GarryCA1
    Community Member
    Options

10-15 seconds between prompts would be a luxury. I am getting the same message pop up at about 5 second intervals. It''s making 1Password almost unusable for me on my iPhone 13.

• GarryCA1
    GarryCA1
    Community Member
    Options

When I try to authorize Drop box I get the following message
    ox auth error: Error: [ErrorType: 10 ErrorDescription: Auth flow failed because of inconsistent state]

Any suggestions?

This discussion has been closed.