A Couple Bugs In The Latest Early Access Release (8.6.x), And One Request

Options
nimvio
nimvio
Community Member
  1. The keyboard shortcut to Lock 1Password (from anywhere) doesn't work, unless the Main Window is physically open and showing. Even when I change the shortcut to something else, it still doesn't Lock 1Password.** Also, I'd like to request the ability to use shortcuts for the Safari extension (it still uses the old 1Password X shortcuts — e.g. Cmd + Shift + X — but even those aren't mentioned).

2. When I click on the 1Password app icon in my Dock to open/show main window, I'm unable to click on any of the items in the Menu Bar (such as "File", "Edit", "View", etc.), unless I click out of the window (e.g. on Desktop screen), and then click back into the app and try the Menu Bar again.

– Thank you

** = Keyboard shortcuts do work with the 1Password browser extensions, but not in Safari.

1Password Version: 8.6.x
Extension Version: 2.x.x (latest)
OS Version: macOS 12.2.x

Comments

• Hey @nimvio:

Thanks for your feedback!

1. As it currently stands, the Lock 1Password shortcut isn't a global shortcut, and instead will only work when 1Password is focused. This is something we're actively discussing still, and I've added your feedback to the issue we have on the subject internally.
    2. I wasn't able to replicate this on the most recent beta. Just to confirm, is 1Password locked or unlocked when this happens? Let me know, and I can dig into it further with you!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.