1Password 8 for Android

dmacx
dmacx
Community Member

I love using 1Password 8 on Mac and Windows, and I'm thrilled about the new Look and Feel. But every time I use 1Password 7 on my Android, it reminds me of older discussions here. A couple of years ago, I was heavily involved here to push you to working on a new App for Android because it was back then outdated concerning UI and UX. It's nearly 2022 now and the same happens again with the Android App,

Is 1Password 8 for Android in the works, or when do you think we're going to see an alpha version?

What I love to see:

• New 1Password-Look
  • Material You Theming
  • Big search bar at the top or a button at the bottom
  • Big favorite Icons on the front page instead of a list view
  • Support to edit and view (!) of thumbnails
  • Support for reordering fields and sections
  • Widget to show Watchtower-Numbers

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12

Comments

• Hey @dmacx:

Thanks for your feedback here! While we don't have any timelines to share just yet for Early Access for our 1Password 8 mobile apps, keep an eye out for them. :smile:

Jack

• JohannesG
    JohannesG
    Community Member

Hi,

any new news about version 8 beta for Android? I would love to check out the new design and functionality.

BG
    John

• Hey @JohannesG:

I'm glad to hear you're just as excited as we are for 1Password 8 on Android! πŸ˜€We still don't have any specifics to share just yet, but stay tuned.

Jack

• JohannesG
    JohannesG
    Community Member

Hi Jack,

thanks for your response! Can you may tell us any kind of date range where we can expect the beta for testing? Spring, Summer, Fall?

BG
    Johannes

• Hey @JohannesG:

You're very welcome! We tend to keep things pretty close to the chest, so I don't have a date range to share with you. Keep an eye out here and that would be the best way to know when 1Password 8 for Android is ready for Early Access. πŸ˜€

Jack

• JohannesG
    JohannesG
    Community Member

Hi Jack,

any updates so far?

• Hey @JohannesG:

Thanks for checking up again! We don't have any timelines still just yet, but keep an eye out here, and we'll be sure to let you know the second it's available. 😁

Jack

• JohannesG
    JohannesG
    Community Member

Hi Jack,

any news? I just saw that the IOS beta is already there!

Cheers

• Hi @JohannesG:

Glad to see you saw the iOS beta is available! Nothing to share just yet on when you'll be able to give 1Password 8 for Android a try, but we'll be sure to let you know. 😁

Jack

• pratnala
    pratnala
    Community Member

Does the v8 iOS release target iPadOS too? And any news on the Android beta? :)

• Hey @pratnala:

Indeed, 1Password 8 for iOS covers iPadOS too. πŸ˜ƒ

We still don't have anything to share just yet for 1Password 8 for Android, but stay tuned.

Jack

• I have some exciting news. πŸ˜ƒ Please see this announcement:

1Password 8 for Android Beta πŸ€–

Ben

• dmacx
    dmacx
    Community Member

YAY!

• prakharaug
    prakharaug
    Community Member

Wooo Yes..
    Was Waiting for it πŸ₯³

• We've been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to share it with you! πŸ˜„

• ankhazam
    ankhazam
    Community Member

Hey... A kind feature request... Under Security settings would it be possible to select fingerprint and/or face unlock?
    It is possible as I know some banking apps do allow only fingerprint and lock the face unlock API.

• Thanks for joining our Early Access program and sharing your request with us @ankhazam! As much as I would like it myself, Android doesn't currently provide a mechanism for apps to select between different biometric methods. What you're seeing with those banking apps (and 1Password 7 as well) is that apps can choose to exclude weaker forms of biometry. On most Android devices that have both fingerprint and face/iris unlock, fingerprint is the more secure of the two biometric methods, so this explains why face unlock is then excluded. I think we're probably going to go in this direction for 1Password 8 as well, but there are some changes we want to implement for biometry before we do so.

This discussion has been closed.