Fill Custom Fields

Options

Comments

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    Options

is there a way to define custom fields in 1PW like you can in BW?

• FrankBreech
    FrankBreech
    Community Member
    Options

for instance in BW you can create custom fields in any record type, and for example name one of them CCnumber or userName and they will be utilized in those fields on the webpage. The fieldnames in BW are found by (on the webpage with the fields to be filled in) you press Ctrl-Shft-I (the letter i) and on the right you'll see the developers panel and in that panel you can find all the field names for every fillable field on the webpage. Just click on the webpage item and it's hilited on the developers side.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @FrankBreech !

This should work in the same way. Just create a custom field and choose the name of the field on the website as label.

Here is an example:
    https://licensemanager.emclient.com

As you can see, there is a field called "User Group" and "User" is the default value filled in by the website.
    If you look at the code of the site, the label of that field is "User Group".

So I created a custom text field in 1Password with the label "User Group".

When autofilling with 1Password, the "User Group" is also filled automatically.

So in general, using custom fields should work.

My setup:
    Windows 11 Pro, 1Password 8 beta build 8.6.0-26, Vivaldi browser 5.1.2567.49 (Stable channel) (64-Bit) and 1Password in the browser extension 2.3.0.beta.

This discussion has been closed.