1Password is driving me insane - Duo Security not workign correctly

Options
matthew2
matthew2
Community Member

Every time I lock my Mac and come back to it, 1Password won't login it just freezes after I enter my password.

I have to quit the application reopen it. Then it says I need to authenticate with Duo Security, I click yes but then the window never opens to send the notification.

My default browser is set to Safari. Yet if I open Chrome later the window to authenticate via Duo will open up but say the session expired.

However if I have Chrome open when logging in this doesn't happen, just get nothing at all. Its only if Chrome is closed at the time then I open it up later. So I can never authenticate with Duo Security.

I've had this issue for weeks, first on a different Mac now on my main Mac. Its actually gone away on my other Mac.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.1

Comments

• Hello @matthew2! šŸ‘‹

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into an issue with DUO authentication. Are you using either a 1Password Teams or 1Password Business account? If you are then can you try the following workaround:

1. Set yourself to "Bypass" DUO authentication using DUO's guide here: Duo Administration - Manage Users | Duo Security
    2. Open and unlock 1Password while still in DUO's "Bypass" status.
    3. Set yourself to "Active" DUO authentication status.
    4. Lock 1Password.
    5. Unlock 1Password.

At this point you should be prompted to authenticate with DUO just once. Let me know if this helps. šŸ˜Š

This discussion has been closed.