keep ask me subscribe

Options
skymagic
skymagic
Community Member

I have 1password 7.9.2 and I am a paid subscribed customer.

once awhile it pop up a window ask me to purchase subscription or sign in...

it is so annoying which I subscribed already...I said it come every 2-3 days,.

and I dunno how to turn this off. is this this a bug?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:keep ask me subscribe

Comments

• skymagic
    skymagic
    Community Member
    Options

it happen again.....now it come out everyday

• skymagic
    skymagic
    Community Member
    Options

to resolve the issues....I removed and installed 1password 8

• Hello @skymagic! 👋

I'm sorry to hear that you were being prompted to subscribe by the 1Password for Mac app if you already have a 1Password account. It sounds like you ran into a known issue that our developers are investigating and that appears to only affect the Mac App Store version of 1Password 7. The workaround at the moment is to install the website version of 1Password for Mac: How to install the 1Password app from 1Password.com after installing it from the App Store on your Mac

That being said, I'm happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue by installing the beta version of 1Password 8 for Mac. Let us know what you think of the beta version after you've had a chance to try it. 😊

ref: dev/apple/issues#5625

• skymagic
    skymagic
    Community Member
    Options

I went to 1password 8 (it resolve the register issues) but other came....1password8 have issues below:

1) searching bar is not user friendly...when search it doesn't pop recommend next to it
    2) when I click the web addresses for login. it doesn't direct me to the safari.

so even with the known register error...I still move back to 1password7

• @skymagic

Thank you for the reply. You can certainly move back to 1Password 7 if you wish, if you install the website version using the guide that I posted above then you won't run into the same issues as before. Regarding the issues that you've brought up in regards to 1Password 8:

1) searching bar is not user friendly...when search it doesn't pop recommend next to it

Can you tell me a little more about this? When I search in the 1Password 8 for Mac app I see suggestions appear below the search field.

2) when I click the web addresses for login. it doesn't direct me to the safari.

It sounds like you might not have installed the new 1Password for Safari that is designed to work with 1Password 8. You can find it here: 1Password for Safari on the App Store. Let me know if that works better.

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

This discussion has been closed.