How can I see which category an entry belongs to?

jimmyjayp
jimmyjayp
Community Member

When I search for an entry and am viewing it, I cannot see which category it belongs to. Is there anyway to find that information out?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: macos

Comments

• Hello @jimmyjayp! 👋

Categories can be thought of as templates and each category will be visually distinctive since they'll include different fields and different icons. Can you tell me a little more about the scenario that you're running into where the category of an item is unclear? Perhaps this is something that we can improve upon and I would be happy to pass along your thoughts and suggestions to our team.

I look forward to hearing from you. 😊

ref: dev/apple/issues#3069

• jimmyjayp
    jimmyjayp
    Community Member

I understand what categories are; it's just that if you locate an entry in the database via search (eg. not via category) and it comes up, you can see the entry but you can't actually see what category it is. Of course, if you happen to memorize what fields belong to each category, you can derive that information, but it seems weird to me that you don't display it along with the rest of the database entry.

When doing a search, the left rail shows all the entries that matched the search, but you cannot visually detect which of those entries are passwords v. logins v. cc v. ...

• jimmyjayp
    jimmyjayp
    Community Member

Look at this image. Can you tell me what category that is?

• Hey @jimmyjayp:

Thanks for your additional screenshot. I've noted your feedback internally as we work to make 1Password even better!

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-363

This discussion has been closed.