1Password for windows Crashed

Hello,

My 1Password crashed today on Windows 10. I got the below dialogue and from the event viewer I discovered it was 1Password.

It seems to be working now but wondering if this may help in developing a fix?

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 21H1

Comments

• Hi @tony359:

I'm sorry you ran into a crash here. If it does occur again, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. This will let us take a closer look as to what could have been the cause here. Thanks!

• tweetor
    tweetor
    Community Member

Having exactly the same issue. Reported through the app multiple times.

• tweetor
    tweetor
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

Update: for me, upgrading the graphic card driver (GeForce) has fixed the issue

• tweetor
    tweetor
    Community Member

Still, the mouse pointer seems kind of laggy within the 1Password Windows app

• tweetor
    tweetor
    Community Member

Ok, scratch that. Hadn't noticed there is a version 8 out. The update in 7 said I was on the latest version still...

• Hey @tweetor:

1Password 7 isn't configured to automatically update to 1Password 8 just yet. Did updating to 1Password 8 improve your state of play? Let me know!

Jack

• tweetor
    tweetor
    Community Member

Yes, the update to v8 fixed it. Although it still seems a little laggy when the mouse pointer moves across items in 1P. But that is minimal and could very well be a very subjective perception. At least it doesn't crash anymore. Note: I did first upgrade the GeForce driver, then upgraded 1P to v8, then Windows Updates which upgraded me to Win11, then I also deinstalled the Logitech Options program (keyboard Logi Craft and Mouse) due to a LogiOverlay error at shutdown. Now everything works fine again.

• Hi @tweetor:

I'm glad to hear that updating to 1Password 8 improved your state of play. Please get in touch if you need anything in the future! 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.