1Password will not open. I have just updated my computer and all apps including 1P.

Options
Sighthound1966
Sighthound1966
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

1Password is currently NOT open. When I click on the icon, I get TWO popups. The first says 1P "quit unexpectantly", but again, it is NOT even open. When I click through that popup, a second one appears stating "the app 1Password cannot be opened."
I just updated my computer and asked that all apps be updated as well.

1Password Version: 1Password 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac os monterey 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:1Password will not open. I have just updated my computer and all apps including 1P.

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Sighthound1966! Sorry about the issues that you're seeing with 1Password 6. I found the ticket that you wrote to us, and I've replied to you. Let's continue our conversation from there. Thanks.

• Sighthound1966
    Sighthound1966
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Joy, 
    And thanks for your response. 

I'm feeling pretty lost. How on Earth have I been using a legacy version for years without being asked or encouraged to update my app? I paid for 1Password when I first started using it and typically that would mean I get automatic updates. At least that's the relationship I have with other apps like Apple's Final Draft and Squarespace. They make sure you can't fall through the cracks like this. ???

Also: Restarting my computer does not work, so updating my computer OS has likely been the cause of this version of 1P not working anymore. And if so, have I now lost all of my passwords to a dead app? 

Is there any way to move to version 7 and restore my cache of passwords? 
    Please help. 

This discussion has been closed.