An error has occurred while generating the Masked Email

This discussion was created from comments split from: Is Fastmail on vacation?.

Comments

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member

Currently masked email isn't working at all. I have deactivated and reactivated the Fastmail-1Password connection, but I still get this error

• michaelbehan
    michaelbehan
    Community Member

Same problem here as of 2022-02-22

• Hey @Fresco and @michaelbehan:

I'm sorry you're running into trouble here generating Masked Emails.

To take a closer look as to what could be going on, I'd like to ask each of you to collect a console log from your browser: Save a console log for 1Password in your browser

Attach it in an email to support+forum@1password.com, and include a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127428/an-error-has-occurred-while-generating-the-masked-email.

After sending it in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post there here, and I'll be able to locate your conversations with us. Thanks!

Jack

• michaelbehan
    michaelbehan
    Community Member

FYI it just worked. I think this may be due to some cloud provider outage because Slack has been up and down all day, along with my university website - and the creality forums are also sending intermittent 500 errors.

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member

Hey @michaelbehan
    For me it's still not working. I had the issue for a few weeks already. Let's see what @Jack.P_1P can do

• Fresco
    Fresco
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P Meanwhile I did some investigating myself, why generating a masked email address did not work on 9to5mac.com (see my message from Feb. 19th). It turned out it had something to do with de DNS settings in AdGuard. Turning this setting back to default solved this issue. Now, generating a masked email address is working okay. And on other websites, too. Well, at least, with US .com websites. There are Dutch .com websites, too, but here it does not work. Maybe it has something to do with the TLD's and/or the locations of the registrars.

This discussion has been closed.