Outdated email being suggested on website

Hello, I'm having the issue of an old email address being suggested on a website. I updated my email address on 1password manager for a specific website. Then I opened the website, and the old email address was still being suggested, even after closing/reopening the browser (Brave) and clearing cookies. So then I completely deleted the entry to that website in 1password manager, but the website was still making a suggestion (the old email address). The last thing I did was then manually add the website to 1password manager...that updated the suggested email to the new one. So I'm wondering why this complicated process to ensure a website shows the updated email? Shouldn't the suggested information reflect the updates on 1password manager?

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @vegan_wiz!

So then I completely deleted the entry to that website in 1password manager, but the website was still making a suggestion (the old email address).

Have you checked if the suggestion is actually not coming from your browser's autofill feature instead?

• vegan_wiz
    vegan_wiz
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana, it was not, it was coming from 1password. I think it was a fluke though as I'm not having this issue on other sites. All others have updated after I made the change in 1password manager. So I think I am good.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Understood @vegan_wiz, thank you for the update :+1: Let us know if this happens again.

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

I have a similar issue on 1P for iOS Safari

Some of the emails are ones I no longer use and ones I do want are not there. How does 1P choose and is there a way for a user to specify what gets offered?

I'm pretty sure this is 1P because if I choose one of the options I get a confirmation asking if it is ok for 1P to use the data filled in.

Edited to add: It is 1P because if I turn off the 1P extension these suggestions go away.

This is in the 1P for iOS Safari, 1P for macOS Safari has up to date suggestions but I think that is because it is using info from Contacts. Turning off 1P, unlike with iOS, did not stop the offering of items.

• jehrler
    jehrler
    Community Member
    edited February 2022

OK. Figured it out. The "Internet Details" part of identities is supplying the information for this dropdown. All identities, i.e. my wife and mine, provide data for the dropdown. Note, though, that it only includes one email even if, like me, you would like to choose between 2 different emails and put a second one in the Internet Details part of your identity.

Too bad 1P doesn't at least offer to update your identities if specified contacts gets updated. But, at any rate, figured it out.

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2022

Thanks for letting us know and I apologize for the late reply/trouble.

• paulcolton
    paulcolton
    Community Member

I'm having same issue on Mac with latest beta. Safari is always suggesting my wife's email and not my own. I added my email to the "Internet Details" and now both show up, which is better. Ideally I could choose what the 'Me' identity is, so at least it could always show that first.

• Hey @paulcolton:

Thanks for the suggestion! I've added it as a feature request. Our developers will take a look and see if it's something that would make sense to add in the future. In the meantime, typing in a portion of your email address will filter the results in the inline menu.

Jack

ref: IDEA-I-376

This discussion has been closed.