Version 7.9.828 suddenly asking for license

CarloCuneo
CarloCuneo
Community Member
edited February 2022 in 1Password 7 for Windows

My 1Password v7.9.828 has been working fine forever. Tonight, it is opening up as "Read Only" and asking for "1Password Account" or "License" which I can "Buy Now". I went to my receipt email from 2019 and clicked on the link to download the License Key but I get a new tab with the message "Site-not-available". Can someone tell me why this has suddenly happened and how I can get 1Password back functioning? TIA.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win 10

Comments

• CarloCuneo
    CarloCuneo
    Community Member

Tech Support got me a copy of my license and this is resolved. Thanks, Muhammad!

• Awesome to hear @CarloCuneo! On behalf of Muhammed, you're very welcome! Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future.

Jack

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

I am having same problem except I have the key but 1PW wants a file. How do I get 1PW on windows working again??

• Hey @MikeV99:

If you no longer have access to your 1Password license, please send us an email at support@1password.com mentioning that you no longer have access to your license file, and we'll be able to help you retrieve your license file. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here and I'll be able to connect your conversation here with your email conversation. Thanks!

Jack

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

I have sent 3 messages to support -- the only reply was that I need to switch to the subscription service. I think I may look at some other alternatives.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

@Jack.P_1P

Do you have any influence with the folks in support? I have still not heard back from them and I would really like to have my Windows 1PW working again??

• Hi @MikeV99:

Thanks for following up. I've checked with the appropriate team and they'll be responding to your ticket shortly. Thanks for your patience!

Jack

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

Thank you. They did just send me an offer to change to a subscription service. I replied that I would prefer to resolve the windows problem first.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

I am getting nowhere. The subject is Re: [#KZC-49164-122] Windows 1PW7 Read Only.

It said, You may find success using our guide for locating an old license: How to find your 1Password license https://support.1password.com/cs/find-license/

I pointed out that the link was for a Mac and I had been very careful to say windows.

The other advice I received was, If you purchased your license through the Apple App store, you should be able to recover the app by going to your purchase history. As long as you have access to the Apple ID account you used to purchase the license, you should be able to recover it.

I have included a handy guide here on how to recover the app: https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204088

I pointed out that Apple did not sell Windows products. I do have an old key that I think might be a windows key that I sent in my reply. I have been a 1PW user for a very very long time. I do have a Mac license file. All I want is my 1PW7 windows license file.

• MikeV99
    MikeV99
    Community Member

I have emailed support copies of my 1PW7 Windows receipt. Now maybe I can get a license file to unlock my 1PW? Not a real good performance by support to convince me I should continue to use 1PW products!

• @MikeV99:

Thanks for following up. To protect your privacy, we're unable to discuss specifics of account details or similar here in the Support Community. I'll follow up again with the appropriate team to make sure they get back to you soon. To avoid duplicating our efforts, I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. Please keep an eye out for an email reply from one of my colleagues.

Jack

ref: KZC-49164-122

This discussion has been closed.