Touch ID and Master Password

Options
CanUK
CanUK
Community Member

I have set up in the settings in 1Password on my iPhone to allow Touch ID.
Unlike other apps when the Touch ID is not being recognized as sometimes the reader/sensor can be sensitive, it does not allow you to use your passcode to open. For example, if I'm using my wallet and the Touch ID does not allow the credit card to be approved for processing the transaction, there is an option to use the Passcode to initiate the transaction.

Is not allowing the Passcode feature to be used if the Touch ID is not working a security feature in the 1Password ios app?

1Password Version: 7.9.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 15.3.1

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @CanUK

Correct; 1Password will fall back to your 1Password account password if biometric unlock doesn't succeed. πŸ™‚

Ben

• CanUK
    CanUK
    Community Member
    Options

Ben,

Thank you for the response. Just wondering if one can change the number of attempts using the Touch ID - I may have to reposition my fingerprint to get the right connection. However, that may take more attempts permitted by 1Password. It seems that 1Password allows a very low number of attempts than other apps - again, this may be a built-in security feature of 1Password.

• Ben
    Options

@CanUK

That isn't something that is currently customizable, but I can certainly take that feedback back to the team to see if that is something we can (and should) offer. πŸ‘οΈ

Ben

• CanUK
    CanUK
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you very forwarding the feedback to the 1Password Team.

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

@CanUK

On behalf of Ben, you're very welcome. Thank you again for your feedback. 😊

This discussion has been closed.