macOS Cmd+\ Auto Fill shortcut no longer works in non-browser apps

Options

In 1Password 7, pressing Cmd+\ would bring up the mini window with suggestions related to the current app, if available. This was particularly useful in apps like Cisco AnyConnect VPN and Terminal.

For example, I have a login item with one of the website fields set to app://com.cisco.anyconnect.gui and with 1Password 7, this would be the top suggestion in the mini window when AnyConnect was focused. Similarly, for passwords I use in Terminal frequently, I was able to set a website field to app://com.apple.terminal and these items would be suggested when terminal was focussed.

This no longer works with 1Password 8. Cmd+\ only works in browsers, and The new quick access window doesn't offer any contextual suggestions based on the focussed app.

Please restore this functionality.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Lachy:

Thanks for your feedback here. As it currently stands, Quick Access doesn't match and compare the currently selected app's bundle ID to your Login items the way 1Password 7 does, but it's definitely something we're aware of, and I've added your feedback to the issue on the subject.

Jack

ref: dev/core/core#12044

This discussion has been closed.