Can copy my secret key from old computer and paste to sign in but says wrong secret key

Lea23
Lea23
Community Member

I am trying to log into my new MacBook Air - I am literally looking at my account sign in address, email, and secret key. I have tried to "set up on other devices" and when I do it copies everything including secret key. After I input my master key it says The Secret Key for this email address should start with : (shows completely different secret key"
We were unable to verify your credentials. Please check and make sure your email address and Secret Key are correct.

I have tried the QR code, sending the link to my old computer to my new one. I am apart of a team account. Can I just delete my account and have the administrator create me me new account without deleting any of the team information and passwords?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:secret key

Comments

• Hi @Lea23:

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into trouble adding your account to your new MacBook. Are you currently able to access this team account from any device? Let me know, and I can dig into it further with you.

Jack

• Lea23
    Lea23
    Community Member

Yes I am having trouble logging into 1password on my new MacBook - just installed 1password. I am able to access the account fully on my old MacBook. I'm just confused how the secret code is saying it is not correct for the exact same email that I am using to sign in on the new computer.

• Hi @Lea23:

Thanks for confirming. What might be best at this point is sending us an email at support@1password.com with a link to this thread: https://1password.community/discussion/127481/can-copy-my-secret-key-from-old-computer-and-paste-to-sign-in-but-says-wrong-secret-key#latest from the email address associated with your 1Password account, and we can dig into it a bit further. After emailing in, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I'll be able to connect the dots between your thread here and your email conversation!

jack

This discussion has been closed.