Tray Icon popup menu shows on wrong monitor

Options
ndavalos
ndavalos
Community Member

Windows 10 Professional Version: 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1526) (this also occurs on other versions as well)

When right clicking the tray icon to get the popup menu, the menu displays on the wrong monitor instead of where the tray icons are. it appears the popup menu is looking for the furthest right location of the desktop instead of where the tray icons are. I have 7 monitors, 4 on top and 3 on the bottom. My taskbar is on the far left, bottom monitor and only shows on that monitor. The popup menu shows on the far right, bottom monitor at the right edge of that screen. The popup menu should attach to the tray icon, not the monitor. Not sure how you're doing your popup menu for that, but most of the time, by default when using tray icons, the menus usually pop up right at the tray icon itself. I reported this a few years ago and was hoping it would have been fixed. It started with a particular update like 3 years ago if I remember correctly.

Attached is a screenshot of my windows settings for display layout.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Professional 21H2 Build 19044.1526

Comments

• ndavalos
    ndavalos
    Community Member
    Options

It appears I was using a very out dated version, didn't realize v8 was out and my 1password never updated when I would try and check for updates using the app. The popup for the tray icon is fixed in 8, so disregard.

• Hey @ndavalos:

Glad to hear you sorted it out. Just so you know, 1Password 7 won't update automatically to 1Password 8, so that's why it didn't update for you. Feel free to get in touch if you need anything in the future, or if you have any feedback about 1Password 8!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.