Bug with browser extension for Edge

Options
ndavalos
ndavalos
Community Member

Windows 10 Professional Version: 21H2 (OS Build 19044.1526)
Edge Version: 98.0.1108.56 (Official build) (64-bit)
Antivirus: Windows Defender

When trying to use the autofill capabilities, I will get "Please unlock 1Password from the toolbar icon." after clicking the icon in the form field on a web page. When I attempt to unlock it via toolbar icon, it will just spin with "loading" for anywhere up to 5 minutes, then I may get the password entry to show up. Many times, I give up and just open the app and manually copy/paste the user and password.

I don't seem to have this issue on machines running Windows 10 Enterprise on various machines, only Win 10 pro.

When I open 1password app, it usually has a message about rejecting connection from untrusted browser Edge.

This has been going on for a long time. I've tried uninstalling 1password, uninstalling the browser extension etc. multiple times. I recently also reinstalled windows (in November) due to another issue and I still get the same thing.

1Password Version: 7.9.828
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: Windows 10 Professional 21H2 Build 19044.1526

Comments

• Hello @ndavalos,

Edge is a fully supported browser, and the 1Password app should fully work with it. That said, it seems like you still have the old version of the 1Password desktop app on your computer. In this case, please go here: https://1password.com/downloads to install the latest version of 1Password 8. It should automatically replace the current 1Password app.

After that, please give your computer a restart to ensure no pending process prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser, and let me know how things work after that.

• ndavalos
    ndavalos
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, works perfectly now, and my other issue is solved.

• Hello @ndavalos,

Thank you for letting me know. It is great to hear that everything works for you. Please feel free to give me a shout if you need anything, and have a great week.

• Glad to hear that Nhat's advice worked for you @ndavalos! Be sure to get in touch if you need anything in the future. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.