No login entries presented during website login just cards and identities

Options
ca004197
ca004197
Community Member

I’m using 1Password 7.9.3 on iOS 15.2.1 (iPad) & iOS 15.1.1 (iPhone 12 mini), but I’ve noticed this annoying problem for a while (on previous iOS and 1Password levels). When I use safari to access a website and I know there is a 1Password entry associated with the site I’ll use the passwords option on the keyboard to bring up the site login option, but sometimes (enough to be frustrating) 1Password will only offer card and identity entries, but no login options. Is there a setting I’m missing or a field I’m not completing that would stop this from happening. I can only get around this by opening 1Password and using the login entry to begin with.

1Password Version: 7.9.3
Extension Version: safari
OS Version: ios 15.2.1 & 15.1.1
Referrer: forum-search:Only cards and identities presented as options to login to website

Comments

• Hey @ca004197:

Thanks for asking! Just to confirm, is this 1Password for Safari or AutoFill where you're running into issues? Generally speaking AutoFill is only able to fill Login items, not Identities or Credit Cards. Let me know, and I can dig into it further with you!

Jack

• ca004197
    ca004197
    Community Member
    edited January 2022
    Options

Hi Jack
    I start with safari and when I get to a website I place the cursor in the “username” (ID) field, then the passwords option shows up on the top of the keyboard. I touch passwords, authenticate and a 1password window opens with a search field and only the cards and identities options as tabs on the bottom. No login options are presented even when I know I have a login entry for that site. If I select cards all my cards are listed if I select id’s they are listed so I’m successfully querying the db, but the connection is minus logins.

• Hey @ca004197:

Thanks for following up! Would you mind taking some screenshots, or even a screen recording, and emailing it to support+forum@1password.com? We'll be able to take a closer look and see what could be going on over email. After sending your screenshots or screen recording, you'll receive a reply from BitBot with a support ID that looks something like [#ABC-12345-678]. Post that here, and I can connect your thread here with your email conversation.

Jack

• ca004197
    ca004197
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

I'd really like to illustrate the steps to make this happening the resulting displays, but it hasn't failed in quit a while now. I did poke around a bitt after your last message and found that the Safari extension had been disabled in the IOS settings? I turned it back on and I haven't hade the problem since. I find it strange that everything would appear to work, with only the logins missing and that the problem has persisted across a couple upgrades. If it pops up again I'll try to capture some screen shots etc.

• Hey @ca004197:

Glad to hear it it seems to have sorted itself out now. If it does happen again, feel free to let us know, and we'll be happy to dig into it further!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.