Is there a field which support multiline text?

Options
CCal
CCal
Community Member

Besides the "Note" field at the bottom of an item, is there a field which support multiline text?

Handy if I want to store a small instructions associated with an item, belonging to a specific section.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W11

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

And again, Hi to you. 🙌

The only field where multiline text is possible is the note-field. Actually, there is no other possibility.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

There is also a "Document" type.

https://support.1password.com/files/

• Hi @CCal, thanks for this question. Is there something you'd like to do with multi-line entries for which the Note item type isn't a good fit? We're always looking to better support customer use cases, so I'll be interested to know what we might do better. Thanks!

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hey @CCal !

In the latest beta 8.6.0-43, you are able to use a normal text field with multiline text in it. 👍

Get it here: https://releases.1password.com/windows/beta/

• CCal
    CCal
    Community Member
    Options

Oh! I see it. This is very nice, @DenalB !

@PeterG_1P , to answer your question. here's a few examples from my daily use:

• Taking notes of software license usage, like when was which license acquired and activated on which machine. Using single fields for all that info just takes too much time and make the Item as a whole unreadable. I know you guys have a Software license category, but I like to keep all related software to one Login item type, because usually we log into the vendor's website to manage payment and get invoices.
    • Backing up those backup codes from activating 2FA. I know this could be put into the Note field, but I rather use that for actual notes, like leaving an instruction for a family member or colleague when that item is shared.
    • Payment instructions for specific recurring payments, where automatic invoicing is not desired with multiple sets of instructions.
  • Thanks for the detail, @CCal.

I hope that the combination of Secure Note and Document item types, as well as the multi-line text field @DenalB mentioned, will meet your needs. But if not, let us know and we'll be happy to take the feedback on board for future iterations!

This discussion has been closed.