The exception unknown software exception

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: the exception unknown software exception occurred.

Comments

• Unsafenow
    Unsafenow
    Community Member
    Options

Did you ever get a solution for this. Has just started happening again for us. I believe it is related to Net Framework.

• Jack.P_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

Hi @Unsafenow:

I'm sorry to hear that you're running into trouble with 1Password for Windows. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

Just as an FYI, I've also split your post off into another thread.

Jack

• Unsafenow
    Unsafenow
    Community Member
    Options

Hi. Thanks Jack. However, I don't share diagnostic reports. I was asking the user for solutions presented.

Splitting the post didn't help so I'll leave the issue.

Regards

• Hi @Unsafenow:

Thanks for following up. I can emphasize with your desire to not want to send diagnostics. If there's a concern of security or private information being shared, I can assure you that we only collect information to help you troubleshoot and resolve underlying concerns. You can learn more about diagnostics report privacy here: About 1Password diagnostics information

Since you're running into trouble with the .NET framework, a first step would be to run the .NET Framework repair tool. If this doesn't resolve the issue however, our next best step as to see what could be causing this issue would be collecting diagnostics from your device.

Jack

This discussion has been closed.