Local keyboards will not be considered on shortcuts

Options
CologneGuy
CologneGuy
Community Member

While setting the keyboard shortcuts 1password does not consider local settings. For example on a keyboard with German layout Y and Z are mixed compared to English layout. But if the keys CTRL+SHIFT+Y are pressed 1password sets CTRL+SHIFT+Z.

The shortcut CTRL-/ for keyboard shortcuts would be on German CTRL-SHIFT-7 but it is CTRL+#.

The local scheme is already set to German.

1Password Version: 8.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @CologneGuy, we're currently aware of an issue with non-US keyboard layouts which explains the behaviour you're experiencing with your keyboard shortcuts. Our apologies for the disruption here, and we're working to support this layout as soon as we can.

In the meantime, I would suggest adjusting the keyboard shortcuts that are available for customization in the Settings -> General page to something that suits your keyboard's layout. For instance, some users report success using the shortcut Ctrl+Shift+comma (,) on QWERTZ layouts - let me know if it works for you!

Ali

ref: dev/core/core#7697

• OctalOrangutan
    OctalOrangutan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Is there any update on this - since moving to 1Password 8 on a UK keyboard not all of the shortcuts were set as before and I am unable to set shortcuts involving backslash ( \ ).

• Hi @OctalOrangutan, thanks for this question. Can you let us know what specific version of 1Password 8 you're on? You can find this under the Update settings. We'll look forward to hearing from you!

• OctalOrangutan
    OctalOrangutan
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Peter,

Interestingly I've noticed that on one PC I still have the CTRL+\ and CTRL+ALT+\ shortcuts set but if I clear them I can't set anything using backslash. But on the other PC when I initially updated to v8.x the shortcuts got cleared or changed at some point - perhaps by some earlier version? And so I can't set them as they were before. On the 3rd PC I have it installed on - a laptop with a US keyboard layout as expected there are no issues.

All three devices are using:

1Password for Windows 8.5.0
    80500121, on PRODUCTION channel

Regards,

Greg

This discussion has been closed.