Items sometimes archived automatically

Options
matteocontrini
matteocontrini
Community Member

Hello,

I'm experiencing an annoying issue which I believe is related to the macOS app or the browser extension.

Sometimes I notice that items don't come up in search results when I look for them, and I then find them in the Archive section. However I'm sure I've never archived these items and I don't know why they've been moved there.

This happened a few times to me in the last couple of months and I don't remember this issue happening before. The last time it happened is today, and the item I was looking for was in the Archive folder with a "last edit" time of Thursday morning. I know for sure that I did not use that login on Thursday, while I know I used the macOS app and the browser extension on that day.

Looking at the last edit time the change seemed to happen exactly when I installed the Google Chrome browser and configured the extension (I usually use the extension with Mozilla Firefox and Microsoft Edge). I don't know if it's a coincidence but that's what I noticed...

Is this perhaps a known issue, or has it been reported by others? It's very annoying.

I hope the explanation was clear enough.

Thank you.

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1

Comments

• @matteocontrini

No, no known issue. I would ask if you use command + delete to clear searches you make in the Mac app? If so, this was an archive shortcut and we have recently changed the behavior after others would find items accidentally archived. This change is currently within our latest beta.

• Fixed an issue that would result in items being archived when using command-delete to clear the search field contents. {#5380}
  • matteocontrini
    matteocontrini
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @ag_tommy, thanks for the reply! That's certainly possible, however that would probably be muscle memory so I'm not entirely sure. I'll pay more attention!

Out of curiosity, the beta you're referring to is for 1Password 7 or you're referring to 1Password 8?

Thanks!

• ag_tommy
    edited February 2022
    Options

@matteocontrini

That change is in the 1Password 7 beta. (7.9.3). My apologies for the confusion. I should have been clearer in my description.

This discussion has been closed.