1Password isn't working using Samsung Keyboard on S22 Ultra

RJSams
RJSams
Community Member

I just switched from Samsung S21 Ultra to S22 Ultra. 1Password will not show up at all using Samsung Keyboard, regardless of the settings I set, which match my previous phone exactly.

In addition, biometrics will not work on 1Password on this device even though it's enabled the same as it was on the previous phone, so I have to enter my password every single time.

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 12, January 2022 Patch Level
Referrer: forum-search:1password isn't working with s22 ultra

Comments

• Sterion
    Sterion
    Community Member

Exactly the same... With 1password not really allowing to be used on S22 Ultra here... Got it working a couple of times by switching the app for autofill back and forth and even though it I had it set to "Microsoft Authenticator" at one point, it continued to work with 1password... Until I locked the phone and unlocked it again... Then no more 1password.

But the above leads me to think it might not only be a 1password problem but maybe more a samsung problem... Coz why on earch would it show me login info from 1password when I had clearly selected microsoft authenticator...

Anyways... Hopes someone solves this fast... Pretty annoying getting a new phone and then you cant even use password app to log into apps lol

• Hello @RJSams , @Sterion thanks for writing in. Are you using Samsung Internet Browser on your device? If so, you can try closing Samsung Internet, force stopping it, then reopening the browser. Do you see Autofill prompts after reopening? If you switch to a different keyboard such as Gboard or SwiftKey do you see any change in behavior?

@RJSams regarding the biometric unlock issue I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@1password.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: url
    • Your forum username: username

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here. Thanks very much!

This discussion has been closed.