Missing ios and 1 password updates

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User]
Community Member

Hi ,

I recently regenerated my secret key and password succesfully.
Later on I discovered there was a IOS update 15.1.3 and 2 updates for 1 password I missed BEFORE regenerating secret key and changing the 1password.
I installed the updates ( ios and 1pw) successfully eventually.
Should I generate the secret again and change the password again or Is it no problem to miss the ios update and 1pw updates?.
Most of the time updates go automatically but this time I discovered the updates for ios and 1pw a bit late🤔

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• @F_9083x

Please note though that it isn't necessary to change the Secret Key unless you believe it may be compromised. Doing so will invalidate your Emergency Kit (you'll need to generate and print a new one) and you'll also need to log back in on any devices you've authorized.

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I am aware of that The question was :: I regenerated my secret key 1password because I believed it was compromised. I was not aware that there was an update for IOS and 1password at the time of regenerating secret key and massterkey.. I updated IOS and 1 password quickly after regenerating the secret key and masterkey of 1password. Should I repeat the procedure now I am up to date for safety reasons? In other words can my secret key and masterkey be comprised again because I was not up to date with IOS and 1Password.?

Hope you understand 😄

• @F_9083x

Even if you didn't immediately update iOS and 1Password as soon as a newer version was made available that doesn't necessarily mean that you, or your devices, were compromised. We always recommend keeping up to date with updates for security and functionality reasons but your Secret Key wouldn't have been exposed just because you were using a slightly older version of iOS or 1Password. Exposure of your Secret Key would require that someone was targeting you and that your device was already compromised by them.

If you're concerned that your device might have been compromised then I suggest reaching out to Apple so that they can work with you to help secure your device and make sure that it's safe to continue using: Official Apple Support

You can also check for unauthorized use of your 1Password account by following these steps:

1. Log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app).
    2. Click on your name in the top right corner and then click on My Profile.
    3. Do you see any suspicious logins under Authorized Devices?

Let me know if you have any questions. 😊

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member
    Options

I checked the logins and saw some strange ip(v) addresses, but they might be generated
    by private relay on my device. It’s an apple feature that uses cloudflare I deautorized those
    adressses and devices and switched off private relay before deauthorizing the devices/addresses and logging in my account. Next time I login my account I will switch off private relay so I can easilly see it’s me logging in😀
    Just to be sure I regenerated the secret key and changed my masterkey. 2FA is enabled from the moment I use 1password. These strange addresses/device must have been generated by myself/cloudflare and I am also protected by 2fa. All authorized are linked to my address now and I “killed” the rest. Should I worrie or do anything else?

• Dave_1P
    edited February 2022
    Options

@F_9083x

Thank you for the reply. If you're sure that your devices are up to date and safe/secure to use, you've regenerated your Secret Key and changed your 1Password account password, and you've removed any devices that you don't recognize from the Authorized Devices section on 1Password.com then it sounds like you're all set unless you have any other reason to suspect that your account, or your devices, might be compromised.

Let me know if that helps. 🙂

This discussion has been closed.