Masked email not popping up when establishing a login

Options
47beideman
47beideman
Community Member
edited January 2022 in 1Password in the Browser

I just migrated to Fastmail and have coupled with 1P. I've got the masked email thing turned on but when I tried to create an account in Linkedin I did not get the masked email drop down option.

I'm running 1P 7.9.2 and whatever the latest extension is. Running latest versions of Big Sur on Mac

What, if anything, do you think I'm doing incorrectly?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Fastmail and 1password

Comments

• Kobes
    Kobes
    Community Member
    Options

Same problem here. Running Monterey with Safari 15.2 and 1Password 7.9.2.

• Hey @Kobes and @47beideman:

Thanks for asking!

Currently, the 1Password Safari extension included in 1Password 7 for Mac is not capable of creating Masked Emails. If this is the case, and if you'd like to take advantage of Masked Email, there are a few options available.

• One option is to use 1Password in the browser in a non-Safari browser. This extension will integrate with 1Password 7, sharing a lock state and allowing for fingerprint unlock.
    • The other option is to use 1Password for Safari, our newer standalone extension for Safari. This extension cannot currently integrate with 1Password 7, and as such will not share a lock state, and will not support fingerprint unlock. 1Password for Safari does integrate with 1Password 8 for Mac, currently in beta.

Let me know if that helps clear up both your issues with creating and working with Masked Emails!

Jack

• mnot
    mnot
    Community Member
    Options

It would be really, really helpful if you made this clear in the documentation for Masked Email (both on the 1PW site and Fastmail site).

• @mnot,

Thank you for your feedback. I will let the UI/UX team know for further improvement. However, after the release of 1Password 8, which is soon, Masked email should work for you as expected so please stay up to date with the latest version of 1Password. That is the best way to get all the fixes and features.

This discussion has been closed.