Unlocking (Browser and Mac)

Options

When my Mac and Edge/Chrome browser extension are both locked, unlocking one does not unlock the other. Previously I could unlock both at once when I used the standalone version, but I'm not able to find any way to do this now. Is there a setting for this? How do I unlock one and thereby automatically unlock the other (instead of having to unlock each separately)? This irritation is even greater on the iPad in which every time the focus goes away from the 1Password dialog or App, it re-locks itself. This behavior does NOT enhance security, but certainly increases aggravation!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hello @dkg,

Based on your description, it seems like the 1Password in your browser has trouble connecting with the desktop app. The 1Password in the browser should integrate with the desktop app automatically and stay unlocked for you with the app. That said, if that doesn't work on your computer, let us try these steps to see how it works, and we can go from there.

1. Give your computer a restart to ensure no pending process prevents 1Password from connecting with the browser.

2. Open and unlock the 1Password desktop app.

3. Open your browser > Wait a few seconds to see if 1Password is unlocked or not. If not, please right-click the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar > Settings > Scroll down to "Integrate with 1Password app" and toggle it off and on again.

This discussion has been closed.