Keyboard shortcut to unlock vault does not work if cursor is in a textbox

I'm using Firefox Developer edition (98.0b8) on Linux (debian sid) with the 1pass Firefox extension.

When I try to use the keyboard shortcut (Ctrl + .) to unlock my 1pass vault in the browser, and the mouse cursor is clicked inside of a text box (like a username or password field), it does not unlock the vault. Instead it enters a weird character that looks like an underlined, lowercase e. Sometimes this character does not go away, and I need to refresh the page and try again.

If I de-select the textbox by clicking anywhere else on the web page, then the ctrl + . shortcut works fine, and unlocks 1pass, as intended.

I don't have this problem using the 1password extension on Firefox Developer edition on MacOS, so this bug seems specific to the Linux version of the browser extension.

1Password Version: 8.5.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: debian sid

Comments

• er0k
    er0k
    Community Member

This appears to be caused by a conflict in keyboard shortcuts with ibus. ctrl + . is a new global shortcut to input emoji characters.

$ gsettings list-recursively |grep period
    org.freedesktop.ibus.panel.emoji hotkey ['<Control>period']

I was able to change the ibus shortcut with ibus-setup so it no longer conflicts with 1password's shortcut.

It would be nice if the 1password extension had a way to change the global shortcut as well, to avoid conflicts.

• kevin.li
    edited February 2022

Hi @er0k!

I'm glad to see that you found out it was a shortcut conflicts issue. And I'd like to let you know that you can adjust the shortcut key combinations for 1Password in Firefox. Here are the steps:

1. Open Firefox browser.
    2. Right-click on the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar.
    3. Select Settings.
    4. In the Shortcuts section, click inside "Open with shortcut" or "Lock with shortcut" and change it according to your preferences.
  • er0k
    er0k
    Community Member

nice, I wasn't aware of that settings page, thanks @kevin.li 👍

• You're most welcome, @er0k.

I apologize for the delay to your original post.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

This discussion has been closed.