1password browser version stuck "Loading..." very frequently (Win 11, Edge)

When I hit ctrl-shift-x, the extension tries to open, but I don't even see the spot to type in my master password. The popup just says "Loading..." with a pinwheel. I have had some luck restarting the browser but this does not always help. I do not have another standalone version installed.

The problem is similar to the one in this reddit post https://www.reddit.com/r/1Password/comments/nx7cg2/brave_browser_prompt_ctrlshiftx_loading_never/ (there is no helpful answer there)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 11

Comments

• Hey @deavik.

Are you using the 1Password desktop at the same time?

• deavik
    deavik
    Community Member

I am not - I don't have anything except the browser extension installed.

• kevin.li
    edited February 2022

Sounds good, @deavik.

1Password in the browser can certainly work independently. Let's make sure if the integration feature is turned off in the settings page. Here are the steps:

1. Open your browser.
    2. Right click on the 1Password icon in the browser toolbar.
    3. Select Settings.
    4. In the General section, make sure the Integrate with 1Password app is OFF as shown below:

Once the integration feature is turned off, let's try again to unlock 1Password in the browser and see if the "Loading" message persists.

• deavik
    deavik
    Community Member

Ah - that fixed it! thanks @kevin.li !

• I hope you have smooth sailing from now on with 1Password, @deavik.

Just a quick note: Sometimes, the update of 1Password in the browser will turn the integration option back to the default mode, which is ON. So, if you ever see it again in a similar situation, we can toggle it off again.

This discussion has been closed.