Changed my master password but it didnt change on extentions?

thorpey
thorpey
Community Member

Hi, I wanted to change my master password so opened it went to 1Password 7 > Preferences> Accounts and changed it there.
Thats ok it worked for the app ok but when I went to login to the browser extention it wanted the old password?

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Mac 10.13.6
Referrer: forum-search:Changed my master password but didnt change on extentions

Comments

• thorpey
    thorpey
    Community Member

Ipad and iphone required the new password but the mac is still wanting the old password. I have restarted the mac, browsers etc. Deleted the extentions on the mac and re loaded them and still it requires the old password. Its very very frustrating when trying to remember the new password and I keep having to supply the old one! I cant for the life of me find out how to get the mac to recognise the new password.

• thorpey
    thorpey
    Community Member

Has anybody had a chance to help here yet?

• Jack.P_1P
    edited February 2022

Hi @thorpey:

Thanks for reaching out! Do you by chance have a standalone Primary vault on this device? The reason I ask is because the way 1Password unlocks is:

• If a Primary vault exists, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that vault, regardless of what, if any, memberships are signed in
    • If a single 1Password membership is signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password for that membership account
    • If multiple memberships are signed in, then it unlocks using the Master Password of the first added membership

Given this, you could possibly have a standalone vault on your device, or a separate 1Password account added prior to your current one.

Let me know! If this doesn't help, since you've reached out to us via email as well, continuing that conversation would be best.

Jack

ref: KAY-91537-743

• thorpey
    thorpey
    Community Member

Hi Jack.
    I just deleted the primary vault from 1password (i didnt want to) and it then asked me for the new password.
    Why did I have to delete the primary vault? As I see that as my backup on HD.
    Its very confusing all these vaults and accounts. I only have one account I know of. Really frustrating and confusing and concerning when its all my passwords at stake!

• thorpey
    thorpey
    Community Member

But ues it appears to be working again now but Ive lost my primary vault!

• Hi @thorpey:

Thanks for following up. At this point, continuing the conversation over email would be the best bet to protect both your privacy and security. We'll get back to you soon via email, so please keep an eye out!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.