I cannot login to Office 365 (enterprise) desktop apps directly using 1Password

Options
rob_stein
rob_stein
Community Member

I use Office 365 (Mac) desktop apps such as MS Word, which are provided by my employer. From time to time, e.g. following a re-start I get a sign-in request in the form of a popup asking me to enter my password. These (depending on the app) have a url starting "https://login.microsoftonline.com/". Typing ⌘\ in the password field takes me to my default browser and allows me to login to the online version of the app, which is not what I want. I can successfully login by opening 1Password and copying/ pasting the password. Is there a magic workaround for this or is it a limitation of 1Password?

1Password Version: 1Password 7 Version 7.9.3.BETA-1 (70903001) 1Passw
Extension Version: N/A
OS Version: macOS 12.2.1
Referrer: forum-search:office 365

Comments

• Hello @rob_stein! 👋

1Password is only able to fill inside of browsers on the Mac at the moment. However, I agree that filling in apps would be useful and I've forwarded your feature request to our developers so that they can look into it for a future version of 1Password on the Mac.

In the meantime you can copy and paste or drag and drop your username and password from 1Password Mini into the Office app: Copy and fill passwords into apps that don't work with 1Password

I did also want to mention: Being asked to sign-in to the Office apps after a restart doesn't sound right, it may be worthwhile to have your organization's IT department take a look to see if something might be going wrong.

Let me know if you have any questions. 😊

ref: dev/core/core#6444

This discussion has been closed.