"We are unable to verify your credentials"

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: 1Password won't open in macOS Monterey.

Comments

• entdoc5357
    entdoc5357
    Community Member
    Options

I have a similar issue
    had a trial 1PW account let it lapse
    eventually upgraded to family
    sign in on iPhone is fine as is Safari on Mac
    the actual Mac app using SAME PW Secret Key and User - we are unable to verify your credentials
    HEEEEELP

• Hello @entdoc5357! 👋

I've split your comment away from the other topic since you seem to be describing a different sort of issue. I'm sorry to hear that you've having trouble adding your 1Password account to the 1Password for Mac app. Are you able to log in to your 1Password account on 1Password.com (in the browser, not the app)?

If you can log in to 1Password.com then please try these steps to add your account to the app:

1. In your browser, sign in to your account on 1Password.com.
    2. Click your name in the top right and choose Get the Apps.
    3. Click "Add your account directly" and allow your browser to open 1Password. You'll see your account details in the app.
    4. Enter your 1Password account password and click Sign In.

Let me know if you run into any issues. 😊

• entdoc5357
    entdoc5357
    Community Member
    Options

In the end it turned out that 2FA for the Mac app was messing it up. The Mac was off by 0.2 seconds (!!!)
    Turning off 2FA allowed using the Mac app…..who knew?…..

• @entdoc5357

I'm happy to hear that you were able to narrow down on a cause for the issue. Usually 0.2 seconds isn't enough to cause this sort of issue however I recommend that you check the time on all of your devices. To check the date and time settings, visit this website on each of your devices and make sure the time matches: https://time.is

If the time is off on any of your devices then you'll need to adjust it. Once this is done you can re-enable two-factor authentication for your 1Password account: Turn on two-factor authentication for your 1Password account

Let me know if you have any questions. 😊

This discussion has been closed.