Disable "Welcome to 1Password" screen

Options

I'm planning on pushing out the 1Password Chrome Extension to over a thousand staff members. In testing, I've found that after they sign in to a Chrome browser or device with their managed Google Workspace account, they're presented with a 1Password sign-in screen. I'd like to eliminate this so I can push out the Chrome extension without interrupting my users' sessions. No matter how many emails I send out informing staff of the new extension, it's going to generate a TON of support tickets, phone calls.

Can this behavior be changed so managed Google Workspace environments simply get the pinned icon and not the welcome screen? The welcome screen that opens automatically is chrome-extension://aeblfdkhhhdcdjpifhhbdiojplfjncoa/app/app.html#/page/welcome

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Current ChromeOS
OS Version: ChromeOS

Comments

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @Sixty5 sorry for the delay in replying. While I understand why you'd like to disable the welcome screen, I'm afraid that there is not a way to prevent it from appearing after the extension is installed.

To be transparent, before I started working at 1Password, I had to set up 1Password as an employee at a large company. I totally understand that the process can be hard to navigate for some users, and that it can interrupt their workflow.

I truly think that the best way to handle a situation like that is to communicate clearly with the users/employees. If they're not already familiar with 1Password, they will need help in learning how to use 1Password, and they'd probably need some instructions on how to access shared data. The welcome screen can be a bridge to those bigger topics. At the very least, it should only appear once the extension is installed and at no other point. It would let the users know about the extension, and hopefully it can help them get started with it.

In all, my best recommendation is to let your users know about the new extension so that the welcome screen is not unexpected. That said, I'll share your feedback about disabling the welcome screen with my team. I do understand where you're coming from, and I appreciate you sharing your thoughts/concerns with us.

Let us know if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.