Editing in the extension

Options
This discussion was created from comments split from: Quick Access (the artist formerly known as Mini).

Comments

• r3volution11
    r3volution11
    Community Member
    Options

Apologies if this shouldn't go here but one big feature that I also miss is the ability to edit items. Having to open items in the 1Password app and pull me away from the browser causes a lack of context and of course takes a bit more time.

For instance, as a web developer, I often work with multiple environments of the same website and would often quickly edit an item to add a new environment URL.

And in other instances, when creating an account websites will utilize a multistep process that where 1Password can't track what the user field should be set to. I'd quickly go into the item and add it myself.

Another example is quickly being able to add notes or custom fields to items like API keys, etc.

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @r3volution11! While there is an option to edit items in the extension, this option opens the item in the app, and the edits are done from there. I can see why this is not ideal. Even on my end, the different windows get cluttered and the experience isn't the best. The good news is that we do have a feature request to facilitate all edits in the extension via the browser. I'm happy to add your voice to that request. Hopefully, it is something our developers can work on in the future.

Let me know if there's anything else we can do to help :)

• dkg
    dkg
    Community Member
    Options

Let me chime in here with the same complaint. The ability to immediately edit from the Mac browser's (Safari/Chrome/Edge/FireFox) extension dialog box (as v6 did) would make the application much more user-friendly

• Joy_1P
    Joy_1P
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dkg Definitely understand where you're coming from. I'll go ahead and add your voice to our feature request. Thanks for the feedback :)

This discussion has been closed.