Sort when using AutoFill

Options

Comments

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_timothy I am not observing this behaviour on iOS. If I manually select a login from 1Password for an app, it does not offer me that login next time I login to that app. What I have done as a clunky workaround is prefix the names of the logins that I use most frequently to authenticate apps with "A - " so that they appear at the very top of the alphabetical list when all logins are displayed.

• @Matty279

On iOS apps must support Apple-associated domains in order for the login to be suggested. It's possible the app does not support this feature. However, that is increasingly rare in my experience. I'd be happy to see if I can help. Do you have a valid URL saved for the item inside your 1Password entry? If so, can you let me know the app's name?

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

@ag_tommy

So an example of an iOS app that is not linking is an app called "The Lott". The following URL is stored in 1Password:

https://thelott.com

• Hi @Matty279:

As Tommy mentioned, the app/website itself would need to enable Apple's Associated Domains functionality on their end. Doing a quick check of their website, it seems that they have not done so. I'm not in Australia, so I'm unable to check the app itself for any Associated Domains.

As a confirmation, you can verify that this is the case in the 1Password pop-up that appears when you search for a Login entry. In this case, I have opened Facebook, and tapped to view all of my 1Password Login items for Facebook. I can verify the Associated Domain here is facebook.com, and I see all Facebook Login items:

If you see a domain in place of facebook.com when viewing all of your Login items within this app, adding that domain to the Login item as a URL would allow it to be suggested automatically next time you AutoFill into this app.

When AutoFill is invoked in an app, we provide a list of credentials to iOS. This list of Login items contains the username, password, and URLs for each Login item. If iOS sees that a URL contained in one of those items matches the Associated Domains of the app, it will display it in the QuickType bar as a suggestion. If the 1Password pop-up is opened by tapping the key icon to search all credentials as you've been doing, the only information 1Password receives about the open app are the Associated Domains, if any. If an app doesn't set any Associated Domains, then as it currently stands, there simply isn't any way for 1Password to tell which app is open and only show the relevant Login items.

I hope this has helped clear this up!

Jack

This discussion has been closed.