Can I revert to the previous version of an entry after a bad edit?

Options
PaulP1
PaulP1
Community Member
edited February 2022 in Lounge

I opened a "passport" entry. Clicked edit. I wanted to add a pdf to the entry. I clicked "Add New File". I selected the pdf. It didn't add the new pdf but changed the name of the entry to something I don't recognise and added a field to the entry called "File Name" with the name of the pdf that I wanted to add as the data in that field. But no additional pdf.

Something has obviously gone wrong. I can't find a way to revert that entry back to the way it was before the bad edit. Can this be done without having to restore the whole 1Password database from a backup? And, if not, which file should I restore?

Thx
Paul

1Password Version: 7.9.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Monterey 12.2.1

Comments

• Hi @PaulP1:

Are you using a standalone vault, or a 1Password account? With a 1Password account you can restore previous versions of an item: View and restore previous versions of items

Let me know if that helps, or if you still have trouble with this item!

Jack

• PaulP1
    PaulP1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Jack,

I am running with an account. I tried to restore using the Mac app but couldn't and I see from the article that you sent that I cannot do it from the Mac app but it can be done from 1Password.com. I have done that now. Thanks for the pointer. (interesting that "restore a previous version" is only available on the website)

Thanks, Paul

• You're very welcome @PaulP1! Please get in touch if you need anything in the future. 😀

Jack

This discussion has been closed.