Why are my accounts not syncing?

Options

I've just changed my passwords in 1Password. Some of the are syncing to my iPhone. Others are not.

1Password Version: Mac 8.6.0
Extension Version: 2.2.3
OS Version: 12.2.1

Comments

• Hi @wdl0355, I'm sorry to learn of this potential sync issue between your devices. We'll be happy to help you set this right!

In order to do that, I'll ask you to send a brief email to support+mac@1Password.com so that we can work with you to determine the specific cause of the sync issue. Please include a link to this discussion as well, so that we know it's you ๐Ÿ‘ and can verify that everything is taken care of once we've got the issue fixed for you.

Thank you, and our team will look forward to hearing from you!

• wdl0355
    wdl0355
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Peter. Turns out this wasnโ€™t a 1Password problem. Something happened with my modem while I was changing passwords, preventing the syncing that would normally take place. Once I got that sorted out, the changes I had made on my iMac synced perfectly with my iPhone. Unless you suggest that I do so, I wonโ€™t submit a support ticket

• PeterG_1P
    edited March 2022
    Options

Hi @wdl0355

aha! The modem was the culprit. It does sound like your 1Password situation is sorted now (excellent news!).

This next part is up to you, but if you'd like to test 1Password to make extra sure the sync is working, here's something to try:

1. Create a test item on one of your devices named SYNCTEST. It can be a login item, a Secure Note, anything you want. Save it when you're done naming it.
    2. Open the app on your other devices. Is it there?
    3. Sign in at 1Password.com and check there too.

If the test item has made it across to your other devices and your account at 1Password.com, then everything is in order. ๐Ÿ‘

If something isn't looking right, we'll be happy to help you by support ticket - otherwise, we'll say thanks for letting us know this happened - and congrats on a quick resolution! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• wdl0355
    wdl0355
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks again, Peter. I ran the tests you suggested and everything is working as expected. Thanks for all your help.

• Fantastic news, @wdl0355. ๐Ÿ™Œ Happy to do my part!

This discussion has been closed.