Do not switch to account on unlock

Due to work, I'm using three different 1Password accounts.
Since the Beta, I have to sign in to these accounts every two weeks.
It's really annoying, that after I signed in, the app sets the account to the one I just signed in to, instead of staying on "All Accounts".

1Password Version: 8.6.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cleptric, thanks for bringing this up.

This might be due to how 1Password 8 handles account unlocking. Specifically, it unlocks only the account that corresponds to the password you specify, unless your multiple accounts all use the same password. This is to avoid some previously problematic scenarios that Jeff Goldberg, one of our security gurus, outlined here: https://1password.community/discussion/comment/608291/#Comment_608291

So at least from what you've shared so far, it sounds like this might be what's happening:

1. You sign in with one password, corresponding to one account
    2. Once in the app, you sign into the other two accounts as well
    3. You stay logged in over time, perhaps using TouchID or something similar?
    4. At some point, you are prompted to completely re-sign in again, and the process repeats.

Does that sound accurate to your situation?

While we do want to keep certain safeguards in place, I can see why it would be more convenient to be able to sign into all accounts at once. I'll welcome your feedback from here - and will add this thread to our internal discussion around sign-in app behavior, so our team can consider the points raised in this conversation going forward. 😃

• cleptric
    cleptric
    Community Member
    edited March 2022

This is not about unlocking all vaults at once.
    My request is to stay on the "All Accounts" tab instead of switching to the account I just unlocked.

• Ah! Thank you for the clarification, @cleptric. Understood.

I have filed a request on your behalf; thanks for highlighting this. I'll be interested to follow this one.

ref: dev/core/core#12410

This discussion has been closed.