Beta #6 of the year is now available

Options

I'm not sure about you but here in Canada the birds just started singing and I couldn’t be happier. It’s been a tough winter and I'm looking forward to planting in my garden.☀️🌱🧑🏼‍🌾

This is our sixth beta of the year and our headlining feature is a collapsible sidebar! This is something @ag_Gabriele has been passionate about and it turned out amazing. 😍

You can show and hide the sidebar from the View menu or with the Shift-Command-D / Shift-Ctrl-D keyboard shortcut. By hiding the sidebar you can dedicate more of the window to your items.

With the category filter and sort controls nestled right above the item list, you have almost everything you need right at your fingertips. And for those times you do need to switch vaults or visit Watchtower or your Favourites, bringing the mouse near the left edge of the window will magically reveal the sidebar.

I personally have a lot of vaults so I have always enjoyed having the sidebar in the 3 column layout, but I found this feature delightful during my testing. So much so I've kept it as my default.

Windows Hello has been enhanced to use the TPM, enabling you to unlock with Windows Hello after restarting 1Password or rebooting your machine. 🙌

This is a welcome addition as Windows Hello is so much more convenient than typing my account password. It's important to note though that Windows Hello doesn’t give us all the security guarantees that we’d like, namely it does not ensure that only 1Password can ask to access the secrets needed to unlock your account. To be on the safe side, this is off by default and can be enabled in the Advanced settings.

You can find a full set of changes in our release notes for macOS , Windows , and Linux. Or, select the What’s New item from the feedback menu within the app.

As always, thank you so much for participating in the early access release and helping us to improve 1Password. We couldn't have gotten this far without you and the releases are so much better as a direct result of you. Thank you! 🙏🏻🤗

++dave;
1Password Founder

Comments

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Great update! Thanks a lot!

The best thing for me is the better German translation. Also, the hidden sidebar is good. But I have to get used to it... Good job! 👍👌🙌

• leonardder
    leonardder
    Community Member
    Options

Great release. I have a Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro 14 with AMD Ryzen 5800H CPU on which the "Use the Trusted Platform Module with Windows Hello" check box is greyed out. Yet it has Windows 11 running and has TPM2 support. On my corporate Dell laptop with Intel CPU the option works just fine.

• Hi guys,

@DenalB, thanks. We do have more translation improvements coming in future updates as we're working on improving our translation flow with our translation team.

@leonardder, unfortunately that is a known limitation with Ryzen's fTPM. Please see my comment here on this matter.

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @MikeT !

We do have more translation improvements coming in future updates

Looking forward to these updates! 👍

• leonardder
    leonardder
    Community Member
    Options

@leonardder, unfortunately that is a known limitation with Ryzen's fTPM.

Thanks for clarifying!

• Thanks for clarifying!

You're welcome. Hopefully, it'll be supported in future updates. 🤞

• rctneil
    rctneil
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for yet another update! I like the collapsable sidebar. Two related suggestions:

1. Could there be a "Collapse sidebar" but in the UI?
    2. Maybe as the window reduces in size then the sidebar could collapse. This could also have a preference option to enable or disable auto sidebar collapsing?

In relation to the fullscreen mode issue. The window still doesn't reopen in full screen mode if it was closed in full screen mode. At the very least, please make the window open at a much smaller size after being closed in full screen mode if restoring straight into full screen mode is not possible?

• DenalB
    DenalB
    Community Member
    Options

Could there be a "Collapse sidebar" but in the UI?

Would be great to have such a button. I always forget the keyboard shortcut. 😁

• Hey @DenalB and @rctneil, thanks for the suggestion - we've opened a feature request for a collapsible sidebar button, and I've added both your votes to the discussion. Thanks for the hint!

ref: IDEA-I-440

This discussion has been closed.