Autofill not working with BMO app using a Note 8

Options
CkrtSqrl
CkrtSqrl
Community Member
edited February 2022 in Android

I have a Samsung Note 8. I have the BMO App installed.

Here is the problem. When I open the app and click on autofill under "Your card number", nothing happens. When I click on the password field, I get my options. I can cut and paste my bank card number, but can't create the autofill link.

I may have had fingerprint on prior to installing, but can't figure out how to turn it off.

1Password Version: 7.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android ver. 9
Referrer: forum-search:autofill

Comments

• CkrtSqrl
    CkrtSqrl
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Nevermind. I think I kind of solved the problem. I didn't save the card numbers on the phone. When I did that, the app gave me the option to turn on the biometrics. Technically the autofill still doesn't work with the card number, but does with the password, which is a partial win for me. If someone has a way for me not to save the card number on the phone, and to be able to autofill both, please let me know.

• Hello @CkrtSqrl thanks for writing in. I did some testing with the BMO app and I was able to reproduce what you described. It looks like the issue may be due to the BMO app using a custom keyboard input for the "Your card number" field. I've gone ahead and reported this to our dev team so we can look into solutions on our end.

• CkrtSqrl
    CkrtSqrl
    Community Member
    Options

I tried to add a field like that on 1password with my card number entered, but it didn't get picked up. Hopefully you have more success.

• CkrtSqrl
    CkrtSqrl
    Community Member
    Options

You are awesome. Thanks.

• Thanks for getting back to us, @CkrtSqrl! I'm glad @ag_timothy was able to help out! :)

• CkrtSqrl
    CkrtSqrl
    Community Member
    Options

Well, he was able to forward the problem to the right group, I hope. Just out of curiosity, If there is a solution, how will we find out?

• @CkrtSqrl Currently, 1Password can't fill fields with a number input. It will fill username and password fields, but as Timothy mentioned, the Customer ID field in the BMO app uses a custom number field, which 1Password isn't able to fill.

We've shared this information with our Android development team to look into. ref: dev/android/onepassword-android#955

I'm sorry that I don't have any sort of ETA as to if or when we'll be able to fix this, as there are so many factors involved in filling issues, but please keep an eye out for updates, both for 1Password and BMO, and let us know if it starts working better!

• CkrtSqrl
    CkrtSqrl
    Community Member
    Options

I wasn't looking for an ETA. I was just curious about the process.

• @CkrtSqrl Thanks for clarifying! You can find information about new features, updates and fixes in our release notes: 1Password for Android
    Release Notes
    . However you won't find app or website filling specific updates there. As Peri indicated, there are a lot of moving parts so keeping 1Password and the BMO app up to date can help if any changes become available.

• CkrtSqrl
    CkrtSqrl
    Community Member
    edited February 2022
    Options

Since your Dev team are looking at BMO, perhaps you can see if this is an additional problem associated to the first question.

https://www1.bmo.com/onlinebanking/cgi-bin/netbnx/NBmain?product=5

I can set up a login using the same bank card for the website, but there is no way to use "Bank Accounts" in 1password to do the same thing. It would be reasonable to expect that the Bank Accounts could access our bank web sites when filled.

• Hello @CkrtSqrl thanks for the input! I'll pass that along to the development team.

In the mean time, if you have Login and Bank Account items for the same bank, you could add a tag to make them easier to access or link the items in 1Password for Windows, Linux, iOS or Mac.

This discussion has been closed.