Family Organizer - App access but not online access

Options
PCapital
PCapital
Community Member

As a Family organizer, I cannot log in to ONLINE access to manage family members but I can log in to my 1Password App on my Mac.

1. Can I recover my login as Family Organizer for the online portal?
  2. yes? If so how?
  3. no? What are my next steps with my vaults and family member vaults and their personal vaults?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided

Comments

• Ben
    Options

Hi @PCapital

I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. It sounds like you may have a legacy standalone vault lingering on your Mac. To confirm if that is the case, could you please open and unlock 1Password for Mac then navigate to 1Password > Preferences > Vaults and see if a vault called "Primary" is listed? If so, that'd be the cause. Ultimately we'll want to get that removed, but before we do so, let's see if we can get you logged into https://my.1password.com

With 1Password open and unlocked, can you please do a search for "1password" in your vault? Does that return any results, and if so, does the password stored there work when trying to log in at my.1password.com?

Please let me know. Thanks!

Ben

• PCapital
    PCapital
    Community Member
    Options

So grateful!!! It worked!! Whew. I moved the local version to cloud storage and now 1Password plugin logins right into Family Access online!!!

Again, Ben thank you.

• PCapital
    PCapital
    Community Member
    Options

@Ben - I can now access the online area of 1Pass to add and remove family members and my settings but my "current password" is not the same one I save on the desktop version because I kept changing it to get in the online portal. Any ideas on how to change the current password?

• Ben
    Options

So glad to hear things are moving in the right direction. At this point are you saying you're still using a different password to unlock the 1Password desktop app vs https://my.1password.com? If so, that would normally indicate that a Primary vault is still present in the desktop app. If you check in 1Password > Preferences > Vaults are you still seeing a Primary vault there?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.